Decooda International, Inc. (“Decooda”, “us”, “we” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy provides general information about our collection, protection, use and disclosure of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.decooda.com (our “Site”) or register or subscribe to use one or more of our services.
What Information We Collect
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may gather information from you. This policy applies to information:
- That you provide by filling out forms on our Site when you register to read or download a whitepaper or other content available on the Site, enter a promotion sponsored by us, respond to a survey, or complete other online forms (some of which may be managed by third parties on our behalf);
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us or this Site, including records and copies of your correspondence (including your e-mail address) if you request additional information, report a problem with our Site, apply for a job, or otherwise contact us;
- That you provide when you request additional information about our services or register to use one or more of our services;
- That we obtain in connection with subscriptions or other transactions you carry out through our Site or the fulfillment of your orders when you purchase or subscribe for one of our services;
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites, if those advertisements include links to this Site;
- When you make search queries on our Site; and
- Through commonly-used automated means such as cookies and Web beacons.
This policy does not apply to information collected:
- By us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party;
- By any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site; and
- From other parties’ websites that our Site links to, and the information and privacy policies of such other websites are governed by the policies of those websites.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information we collect that it defined as “personal information” or “personally identifiable information” under applicable law (collectively, “personal information”);
- You provide when you purchase or subscribe for one of our services, which may include billing information such as billing name and address, credit card number, the number of employees within the organization that will be using our services, or other information relevant to your purchase or subscription; and
- Standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and the actions you take on the our Site.
Information we collect may also be combined with information you provide to us through other sources such as product registration, call centers, or in conjunction with events such as trade shows, training seminars and conferences. Information that you supply will relate to the relationship that we have with you or a company or organization with which you are associated.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your personal information, to:
- Provide you with content, information or services that you request from us and help us customize information most relevant to your interests;
- Contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you, fulfill subscription requests, orders for services you make online and provide other information you request;
- Provide you with notices about your subscription, notify you of new services, features, updates, technical support issues, events or special offers we think you may be interested in, and provide important news concerning Decooda;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any subscriptions or other agreements entered into between you and us, including expiration and renewal notices and for billing and collection;
- Operate and improve our Site and its content (including survey results we may publish) and make our Site more user-friendly;
- Promote our services on our Site and third party websites;
- Protect the security and integrity of the Site, and prevent and detect fraud or other prohibited or illegal activity;
- Notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide though it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In the process of administering our Site, we maintain and track usage through Web server logs. Web server logs provide information such as what types of browsers are accessing our Site, what pages receive high traffic, and the times of day our servers experience significant load. We use this information to improve the content and navigation features of our Site. Aggregated and summarized forms of this data may be used to identify future features and functions to develop for our Site and to provide better customer service.
We also analyze some of our Site offerings and services such as registrations, surveys, demos, downloads, and e-mail responses at the individual level in order to improve the quality of those offerings and to better tailor our marketing to our customers’ needs. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We do not collect personal information about you unless it is voluntarily provided to us so that we can serve your needs and our legitimate business purposes as stated here. The information will be treated confidentially within our company, as we protect other confidential information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features if you do so. We use any credit card information we may collect solely to check the financial qualifications and collect payment from prospective customers and subscribers.
We may offer you the choice of receiving different types of communication and information from us related to our services. You may subscribe to updates, e-newsletters or other publications, and elect to receiver marketing communications and special offers from us via e-mail. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe or change your communication preferences, we will provide an opt-out mechanism for your convenience.
Collection and Use of Information from Cookies
We typically set cookies without requesting your consent. We consider your use of our Site as your consent for us to set these types of cookies. If you want to disable cookies, you can. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers and “add-on” programs will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. It is your choice, but cookies allow you to take full advantage of our services’ features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Some pages on our Site and HTML-formatted e-mail may use Web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about website usage. A Web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1×1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on a visitor’s computer, such as a visitor’s cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. You may render some Web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
We may use Web beacons to operate and improve our Site and to track response rates to certain email communications that you have opted to receive from us. If you have registered for one or more of our services, we may also collect certain personal information in connection with the Web beacon including the referring email address. This information is not shared with third parties.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share certain information with our affiliates or other companies who perform work for us under contract or sell products or services that complement our services. From time to time, we may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you register, subscribe for, purchase or express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from us, we may share information collected from you in connection with your registration, register, subscription, purchase or expression of interest with our partner(s). We do not control our business partners’ use of such information we collect, and their use of your information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to register, subscribe for or purchase a jointly offered product or service.
We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
If you are a customer or subscriber of certain of our services, you or someone in your company or organization may submit data or information to us in connection with your use of our services for hosting, analytics and processing purposes (“User-Supplied Data”). Decooda will not review, share, distribute, or reference any User-Supplied Data except as provided in the subscription agreement or other agreement between such customer or subscriber and us, or as may be required by law, and we may access User-Supplied Data only for the purpose of providing our services to such customer or subscriber, in connection with service or technical problems, or as may be required by law. In all cases, your company or organization will be responsible for establishing and complying with rules and procedures for the use of services you select and choose to use.
Social Media Features
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information to our Site or on or through any of its features. Do not register for any content on the Site, register or subscribe for any of our services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites and Services
Links to third-party websites, resources, applications, products or services from our Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. We have not reviewed these third-party websites and do not control them. We do not endorse or make any representations about, or assume responsibility for, any of these websites, their content, products or services, or their privacy policies. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our Site, you do so at your own risk.
We exercise commercially reasonable care to protect personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us. We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. In addition, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Site or any of our services, or providing personal information to us you agree that, except as otherwise required by law, we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Site or any of our services.
Last revised: July 13, 2017